I’ve used Post page associator plugin for a while. Its a handy plugin which allowed you to do what it says on the pack; add a list of your posts in a certain category, at the bottom of the page. I used it here for example.
However the developer has been under criticism for included a “please donate” large ad on your main dashboard if you hadn’t paid – in fact I had give a donation – but I was buggered if I was going to donate for EACH blog I used it on – so I found the advertising a little annoying. There was toys tossed in the WordPress forums though, some users found the nag VERY annoying,- and the developer has taken his toys home – or in this case made the plugin paid only (and quite expensive at that).
Free Option: List Category Posts Plugin
You’ll find this plugin if you search on the install plugins page. It works – you add a short code somewhere in a page where you want the listing of posts to occur – and it does. Now there are a bunch of options, but making it look pretty involved php and css and stuff – so I ran screaming…
Paid Option: Using Catalyst Theme As An Alternative to Post Page Associator Plugin
This really was quite simple – no scary TLAs involved!
- Create a new page layout – I called mine indienonfiction.
- Decide on the layout of said page – I decided it would have a single right sidebar.
- Added a new widget to the bottom of the content on the indienonfiction page layout.
- Went over to the widgets area – used the Catalyst Excerpts widget to display the 100 posts in the category of non-fiction.
- Added some relevant content to the new custom sidebar
- Voila – a New Indie Non Fiction page – with all my posts from the Indie Non Fiction category displayed at the bottom.
Of course its not a free option, unless you already own Catalyst Theme, but really I wouldn’t be paying $30 PLUS $9/month for support for a plugin when I can pay once for an entire theme framework for under $1o0.
Oh and in case you do want to buy Catalyst:
Share the love
Get free updates