Life is for living has always been my motto – its one of the reasons I now own my own business rather than make obscene amounts of money as an IT contractor. Being that miserable isn’t worth any amount of money. And sometimes going to work just seem too trivial to be bothered with. Unfortunately my online business has felt a bit like that over that last little while!
Well life went from interesting to worse really. After I wrote that post (when we had sold the house, and my partner’s mum had died) – we found a new place we liked and bought it. There was gap of about a month between during which we stayed with friends – which was very nice and saved us a fortune. In the 4 weeks we stayed I managed to write-off our car by running it into a bus – no serious damage to me but the back is only just about recovered from the whiplash now. My partner’s uncle died in Australia so he had to fly over for that funeral (its only 4 hours flying from here though – slightly shorter than if we’d still been in Perth).
My partner then ended up having an angiogram (he’s OK – but it was seriously scary for the few days it took him to have it done). It could have been stress (duh!) .That was rock bottom really.
Then stuff started improving:
- We bought a new(er) car (NZ has a wonderful deal where we import used Japanese cars with low mileage so we are now driving a 2005 car for less than US$7000 (NZ$11,000) )
- We took a long weekend and gave the car a run to New Plymouth (I’d never been) and even got to see the mountain (unusual in winter).
- We moved into our new house, we unpacked (mostly). We bought new toys like a dryer and a digital video recorder thingy that will watch TV for you (yes I know about video tapes but I couldn’t be arsed connecting it really -and its really hard to buy tapes now). Eyeing up a new thin TV and some furniture to put it in but the credit card is over-tired this month LOL
- We moved into our 5-year-old townhouse to discover that insulation really does work, even in Wellington, as the weather was seriously cold even for us, that we really did like the place (I am never sure once I’ve bought somewhere), that it’s super convenient , and we really don’t need to do much redecorating. And the vegetable plot even seems to be growing non-weedy things (I understand they are called Brassicas).
Stuff has been happening on the Internet Marketing front too – but I might save that for another post – and no it won’t be as long this time! Too main points though:
- no – I haven’t given up on the Keyword Academy Case Study – and although I haven’t built anymore links my rankings are basically holding from my last update.
- if anyone is still considering the The Keyword Academy – the price has dropped back down to $33/month (after the first month @ $1) – if you signed up under the $67 rate – check your email and follow the instructions to get your fees retroactively reduced.
- I have decided to work smarter not harder – more details soon.
Share the love
Get free updates