Well what a difference a month makes! Sure its turning cooler here in Australia and we may have seen the end of the Perth swimming season but its all looking rosy from where I’m sitting!
I have been a whole lot more focused in March though the Site Build It fracas was a little distracting. Trust me the amount of traffic would have taken this blog down if it had been on shared hosting – hostgator reseller rocks is all I can say!
I made some new friends during the whole thing and I’d like to give a shout out to Lorecee at Work From Home On-Line Guide who really gave some thoughtful comments from an ex-customer’s point of view.
Some people thought that I did the whole Site Build It Review to make passive income from their affiliate system. I didn’t. I initially did it to build my subscribers and hopefully get noticed my some people looking for information about how to start an online business. I have put an affiliate offer on the post now – a legit piece of software which will hand-hold you through the site building process, is a one time cost, offers a 30-day money back guarantee and allows you to build as many sites as you want.
I build sites using self-hosted wordpress, blogger and MyStarterBlog but some people want prettier with less effort and are prepared to spend the money – that’s fine to.
In between approving Site Build It comments though I did manage to get some sites up and running.
- I’m thinking about doing some SEO consulting when/if we return to New Zealand. I bought two new and one pre-owned domain for that niche and got site up on all of them. All are indexed.
- I set up 2 blogger blog niche sites. One is waiting for content from cyberquest – who were offering 500 word articles for $1 and got absolutely flooded with requests – so the content is about a month delayed.
- Found a great uncompetitive niche and bought 6 info domains (99c each at the moment) to geo-target the term across 3 markets and 2 variations. One site up and indexed and backlinks built.
- Found another 2 pre-owned domains which I bought did the keyword research for and ordered content from Cyberhub– so they are sitting waiting to.
- Bought yet another 2 pre-owned domains and didn’t have them transferred by the end of the month so I had done the research for those to!
So I’m pleased with the progress for the month – more keyword research than sites developed but it will keep rolling now I think!
This month I have a week off over Easter to snorkle with the whale sharks so I have to work extra hard to make up for it!