OK we are third of the way through the year – lets see where Lis Sowerbutts is doing , original goals in italic from January for the first half of 2009:
Progress Against Original Goals
Get more organised and focused on the important stuff so that I can achieve the following:
Yes I think I’ve improved a lot in this area – my time management has even improved – give my self a tick on this one
Develop at least 10 more niche sites developed and promoted and ranking in the top 10 for my keywords
OK the count as of today is: 10 developed anyway – but with few backlinks built because I decided to focus on building the sites first so that a) they started aging and b) if they were pre-owned they didn’t lose any Google love they already had.
Develop at least 1 e-book out a month – to be also promoted via my own website which involves learning a few technical bits and a hard thing – how to write a sales letter!
Canned that one! I really don’t like writing that much – and certainly not longer pieces, wasted a fair bit of time doing this but finally published the material here and on hubpages: see my guide to making online income with HubPages
Maintain this blog, Passive Income on a regular basis – sorry can’t promise better than that – I try not to post unless I have something to say – or a question to answer – so if you want more posts ask more questions
Big tick on that one – though I refocussed the blog on some keywords and now I even get some search engine traffic thanks to some links from a whole lot of friends!
Maintain my two today.com blogs – trying to blend social blog with trends to get a lot more search traffic to them – and do some entrecard dropping at least in the short-term.
Dropped entrecard – complete waste of space, in fact subsequently Today dropped entrecard too. Still maintain these blogs – but not very regularly – I have some issues with Today.com – maybe for another post.
Use AMA more frequently to support my money sites and other blogs.
Haven’t really – and they are pissing me off with their late affiliate payments. There are other options which I am considering.
Maintain and diversify my freelance writing income – probably to replace the part-time, real-world job I have, which is looking very shaky at the moment – mineral exploration anyone?
Part-time job became a victim of the global recession the end of January. The freelance writing has been up and down – some of it too is a victim of the global recession. Focussing on my money sites – they are recession proof!
Business Plan For the Next Quarter
- Get those 10 sites up and running with backlinks built and starting their run up the SERPS. I have a bunch more sites which I have bought but not yet developed.
- Build more backlinks to the hubs which make me money- after all they are hosted for free!
- Continue to review sites as they come up for renewal. If they have been up for a while and are not producing I drop them, if I haven’t got around to developing them and they were a 99c info I drop them – the renewal costs nearly as much as a com. If they’ve made $10 I keep them – that doesn’t sound like much but it covers direct costs and usually its my poor choice of keywords which is the problem not the site itself.
- Looking to develop another website which will be more focusing on small real world business owners and micro-preneurs who don’t know where to start with ranking a site in the SERPS.
- Not unrelated to #4 looking to develop a “real world” business of my own. I am considering starting doing some SEO consulting if/when we move back to New Zealand. I need to start making some moves to get myself established in this niche before I return home so I need a new site where I don’t swear too much LOL and avoid TLA’s!
- Continue to believe in myself and my business – after my little light bulb moment its been doing quite well on this – but I forgot to have a specific image to dream about – so I now leave you with this one: I thought it looked nice 🙂
Hotel Cap Eden Rock if you are interested ..